Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sports betting 'guaranteed' picks aren't always guaranteed

Beware of sports betting businesses and Websites that tell you they have a guaranteed lock. A few years ago, curiosity got the better of me and I called to ask what the guaranteed pick was for the 2002-2003 NFC championship game between the Bucs and the Philadelphia Eagles. Was told by the man there the Eagles were going to win by at least 10 points.

Yeah, right. Tampa Bay went on to beat the Eagles 27-10 and then easily defeated the Oakland Raiders 48-21 in Super Bowl XXXVII.

I’m not a gambler and called the number out of sheer curiosity, and all I ended up doing was getting a bunch of unwanted follow-up phone calls, asking if I wanted to lay bets (No, thank you) and one time where the caller was extremely unprofessional with me.

No comments: