Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Long day today at library

Put in a full day working at the local library from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; I'm on a semi-part time basis, meaning that I'm on call in case they need someone to fill in some extra hours. Day was fairly slow. Spent much of it making sure the teenagers who came in after school weren't misbehaving.


Speaking of libraries (one of my favorite place in the world to be), a few weeks ago I was on the campus of University of Michigan-Flint for a freelance assignment. Got a chance to stop by the library. It was as quiet as a mausoleum. I liked that. To me, libraries should be so quiet that you can hear the scratchings of a person writing notes onto a piece of paper.


And as far as writing notes goes, here's one of my favorite pens to write with:


No comments: