Saturday, October 6, 2007

It's a beautiful mornin': Cleveland leads New York 2-0 in ALDS; 2 down, 1 to go


When I logged off my computer last night, I saw that the New York Yankees led the Cleveland Indians 1-0 in the sixth inning. So, needless to say, I was tickled to death to log on today and learn that the Indians had won 2-1 in 11 innings.

As you see from the picture above, it’s hard to win a game when even the insects don’t seem to like you. :D Yankees hurler Joba Chamberlain gave up an eighth-inning run, leaving Yankees pitcher Andy “My fingers were crossed when I said I wanted to play at home in Houston” Pettitte with a no-decision despite his pitching 6.1 innings and giving up no runs.

As for Alex Rodriguez, in the first two games he is 0-6 with two walks and three strikeouts. There’s a part of me that wonders how well Pay-Rod would be playing if he truly loved playing in New York.

Next game is Sunday evening at Yankee Stadium. Roger Clemens will be pitching what could be the final game of his major league career. As a disgruntled Houston Astros fan, I certainly hope so.

(Photo courtesy of the Associated Press, Amy Sancetta)

No comments: