Saturday, August 23, 2008

Wow, I was right about Obama's pick

I had suspected Barack Obama would choose Delaware senator Joe Biden as his running mate, and indeed he did. Biden is said to have lots of foreign policy experience.

Now, I wonder if Obama made a pick that will destroy his chances in November.

Remember, this is the same Biden who has spoken glowingly of John McCain and who in a debate questioned Obama's leadership, saying that the presidency is not the place for on-the-job training.

Hillary Clinton may end up really loving this pick, since it possibly will open things up for her to run again in 2012.

Some speculation is that Obama is counting on blacks in the south to help him win southern states, but I wonder if that's truly enough. Some rappers talk about how Obama's not black enough, and I think there are too many conservatives in the south who won't vote for Obama and too many racists who simply can't stomach a black president.

No comments: