Tuesday, August 26, 2008

2008 Democratic National Convention thoughts

Haven't been watching it, don't plan on it. Mostly because I am no longer a full-time freelance writer and now work full-time at a newspaper. My time is limited, and I don't have the inclination to listen to Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama bloviate. I'm not voting for Obama.

Want a summary of what's being said in Denver at the convention? Here's an idea:

(Bush is trying to send a message to Muslim extremists: don't screw with America) Bush lied, people died...let's (make it even harder for businesses to thrive) end tax cuts to the wealthy...We need (to regurgitate the same, tired old message) change in this country...We need to (become an international yes-man to Europe and the rest of the world, never mind that we often get called up on when some conflict arises) undue all the foreign policy disasters that Bush has done...Get the troops out of Iraq...Let's (naively suck up to Iran) try to have dialogue with Iran...

The items in parentheses, of course, represent what they really mean.

Will I watch the Republican National Convention? Don't know. I will be paying close attention to whom John McCain chooses as his running mate. If he picks a pro-abortion running mate, it will bother me enough to where I will consider third party. The idea, of course, is that the GOP is continually ignoring its conservative base to where it's starting to show no noticeable difference from the Democrats. Sad.

My boss at work, a Reagan Republican, is going third party.

No comments: