Thursday, November 1, 2007

Dave's Insanity Sauce, for those who LOVE hot sauce


I recently came upon a bottle of Dave’s Insanity Sauce. Now, I love spicy food (Chinese Siquan [usually spelled Szechuan] is a particular favorite), but this tests the limits. My brother-in-law, Joe, introduced me to DIS a few years ago. Joe, a New Orleans native who loves spicy foods, warned me that all I needed was a drop. Well, crazy me, I put several drops onto some food I was eating.

What was it like? I can’t imagine sipping acid could be much worse. Joe laughed so hard that Pepsi spewed out of his nose.

These days, I make sure I enjoy DIS in strict moderation. When a hot sauce comes packaged in a miniature coffin, that is great advice to heed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that incident! David tried it to and he thought he was going to die! His nose was running, tears rolling down his cheeks and he said he will NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! All the while, Joe was over there watching him and cracking up!