Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sometimes, eating Chinese food can be hen bu hao*

A few weeks ago, my family and I went to eat at a Chinese buffet restaurant in Flint. This restaurant had received a good review in the Flint Journal and also featured seafood (my wife and kids love crab legs).

When we went, we couldn’t find a sign for the restaurant. What gives? we thought.

Finally, we were able to pin down a location to a vacant-looking unit in a shopping complex. I got out and read the sign posted on the door: “Closed by order of the Genesee County Health Department.”

Yikes!

We went to another Chinese restaurant that night and had a decent time. I suppose the next time we want to eat Chinese, we’ll head up to Frankenmuth, Mich.’s Panda King Buffett.

*In case anyone's wondering, "hen bu hao" is Mandarin Chinese for "not very good"; literally, "very no good".

No comments: