Tuesday, December 18, 2007

To the readers of my columns

After talking to my wife and praying about it, I will be taking what I hope to be a temporary hiatus from my two columns: Richard's Ramblings and My Two Shekels. Specifically, they will not be appearing--for the time being--in my hometown newspaper (Beeville [Texas] Bee-Picayune), Saworship.com or Redford, Mich.-based Olive Branch Press. I am not in a financial position right now where I can afford to continue writing columns for free. That being said, RR will still be appearing in places where I'm getting paid, such as the Tuscola County Advertiser and Flinttalk.com. I apologize to any readers who enjoy the columns, but right now I simply am not able to write for free. Perhaps in the future once I am able to get a job that pays the bills.

This is indeed the nature of the beast when it comes to writing. I subscribe to lists where they will display those needing writers for various projects. For the most part, those needing writing wok done want it done for pennies on the dollar.

1 comment:

adam said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is